Friday, December 7, 2012

Events leading up to November 28th

November 22 - It was my 30th birthday! Wow, 30! I still see myself as an early 20 year old. It does not bother me to turn 30 though; I feel my life is getting better every year. My marriage is stronger than ever, we are having a baby, and work is ok. Life is good!

November 23 - Our weekly maternity appt. Dr. B talked with us about inducing. I am measuring 2-3 weeks smaller than my actual 39 week status. I was about 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. told him I wanted to try to induce labor naturally. Dr. B said he didn't want me going past 40 weeks. I said ok.

November 24/25 - I never walked so much in one weekend before! George (my dog) and I walked around our pasture. George protected me from our cows. I bounced on the exercise ball, everything you name it! But nothing crazy no special teas, castor oil, etc.

November 27 - My last day at work and our weekly doctor's appt in the afternoon. The last day at work was great! I was so ready to leave and 3:00 didn't come fast enough. Ben had to work on tuesday. (He works second shift. He is a cop.) He went to the appt with me in uniform. (He is so handsome!) The doctor had scheduled a ultrasound. At this point, I was ready to have this baby. The baby looked good in the u/s but Dr. B said that the baby isn't growing anymore. She had weighed about 5.5lbs on week 37 and now almost 40 weeks the baby only weighed about 6lbs 3 ounces. The placenta wasn't giving the baby the nourishment it needed anymore. I knew he was going to recommend inducing. I told him I was ready whenever he was. He schedule the inducing the next morning. I looked at Ben and said he was not going into work tonight. He laughed and said of course not.

Stay continued for November 28th!

No comments:

Post a Comment