Since it is Valentines week in all...
I have been thinking a lot about my husband and how my love for him has grown/changed. I have several moments in time where I thought I would never love him as much as I do now.
When we had our first real kiss my knees got weak and I thought to myself this boy is going to do a number on me! I never expected all this. Flash forward to our wedding... I remember taking snapshots in my mind of him and loving ever minute of it thinking I will never love this man more than I did right then.
Now, watching him with Ava I just do not think I will ever be able to love this man more then I do at this point in time. He is so gentle, patient, and sweet! He can calm her so quickly most times. It melts my heart. The day she was born, the tears in his eyes still melt my heart.
I was reading Josey's Cheap Version of Therapy blog's 10 reason why she loves her husband over at http://mycheapversionoftherapy.com/2013/02/08/10-reasons/ and decided to do my own 10 reasons.
1. He is a provider. Even though, I do not want to be provided for, it is exactly what I need some times. I love that he works hard at his job and started his own business.
2. He does not pressure me. I never felt pressure from him during TTC. He was supportive of my decisions but never once did I feel pressured.
3. He includes me yet is independent. We are awesome at being a couple but we are not joined at the hip either.
4. He understands that I need my time too. Since having Ava, he has sent me out for Kelly-time at least once a week!
5. He is supportive of my activities. I race my car and he is always trying to help me and improve my car. Even the activities he doesn't enjoy (i.e., golfing and musicals) he lets me go without giving me any crap.
6. He still surprises me from time to time.
7. He is our social life! He makes friends so easily and I am more shy plus no one wants to be friends with an auditor!
8. He cooks! Yes ladies! He enjoys cooking!
9. He is so loving with Ava. Even when he is at his wits end with her fussiness/colic/screaming he remains so calm and loving. It is so sexy to see him with her.
10. It would not be right for me mention how incredible gorgeous he is! He is a man. He has to keep clean shaven for the work week but on weekends/vacation he lets his beard grow some... Just a little sexy stubble and boy does it melt my butter.
After 12 years of dating/marriage, he still has my heart!