Thursday, August 8, 2013

Here we go again


I have officially started studying for the CPA, again.  Uuurrrggghhh.  I just hope I can do it this time around.  Before having Ava I had passed 3 out of the 4 parts, REG is a bitch.  Then Ava came along, I tried REG again and was met with misery.   Since I have never passed REG – I am starting with that first.  I want to pass and get it out of the way.  If I fail again, I will reevaluate if it is worth it the time and sacrifice.    The REG section includes regulations and taxation.  You hear CPA and automatically think taxes… well I am not that kind of CPA.  I audit.  I hate taxes… at least studying for them.  I think if I had more real life practices with taxes I would get them. 

It has been working out great so far.  Ava has consistently gone to bed by 7-7:30.  I get to study 4 nights all the week without interruption or guilt while Ben is working.  But the other 3 nights I feel guilty that there is no Ben and Kelly time. Not that we would be out having a great time but some of my favorite things with Ben is just eating popcorn and watching TV and arguing about what is more believable: Mermaids or Megalodon.  (FYI – I totally believe there is a Megalodon.  Ben disagree.)  Ben understands the process and that this is just a small period in time and we will get through-  I think he is just hoping I pass cause he thinks then he will have a sugar mama… boy is he in for a rude awakening! 

I still have pay the state fees, the testing fees, and schedule it but all in good time.  I wanted to make sure I was completely committed before paying $300 in fees.   

So the next year of my life will be studying - so much fun right?

No comments:

Post a Comment