Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Catching up - Ava's Birthday!!!


I am sorry I haven’t been around lately.  I have been checking my usual blogs but have not been posting.  It has been crazy busy in Kellyland.  Between Ava turning 1 on Thanksgiving Day, my parents visiting, holiday parties, Ben’s family visiting, and the normal stuff, I have just been swamped.  I have a lot of things I want to post and catch everyone up on from Ava’s 1st birthday to the holidays and reflections.

I am starting with the most important! Ava is 1 years old!  I cannot believe it.  She is turning into the sweetest little girl.   She loves being outside even though it is way too cold out right now.  She loves her doggies, monkeys, books, and her Daddy.  She is 28 inches and just shy of 20lbs.  She is walking all over and has been since about 11 months.  She is starting to gain speed with her walking. 

She is talking more and more.  She can say Dada, Hi, Momma, doggie, and I swear she knows the dogs names.  She signs all done but I haven’t truly worked on other things like eat and milk.  Her voice is so soft and dainty most of the time but then she can go on this jabber fest and talk and talk and talk.  It is hilarious.  Sometimes if she is a little mad, I swear she is telling Ben and me off.  Something to look forward to in 10+ years?!?!

What I am proud of the most of our parenting so far is that we did Baby Led Weaning with Ava.  She eats anything and everything.  I was a little nervous before we started and the poor girl gagged on cooked carrots once and we haven’t had carrots since.  But when she got the hang of it, it made everything so much easier and fun.  Does she make a mess? Yes, but that is why we have 4 dogs! 


What I am still struggling/failing with is napping.  Due to different schedules, I still put Ava to sleep for her naps.   She sleeps all night without a problem.  Our night time routine is perfected: bath, book (currently Brown Bear Brown Bear), prayer, kiss on the forehead and into her crib.  She is usually asleep within 10 minutes and sleeps 11 -12 hrs.  But napping is a whole another issue.  With Ben’s schedule completely different then us, I can’t let Ava fuss it out in her bedroom without waking Ben up.  On Saturdays, he works from 2pm to 8am Sunday morning.  He needs his sleep so I put Ava to sleep before putting her to bed.  I know it probably isn’t good and in the long run I am just hurting myself but I do not know what else to do?  Sleep is a whole another blog later though. 



We are truly blessed with our little person.  She is the perfect combination of both Dada and Momma.  Until next time, have a happy and stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. It's so much fun to watch their personalities really start to shine, isn't it? I can't believe she's one already!

    BLW worked SO WELL for us as well. I'll warn you that Stella went from eating anything & everything to being a picky toddler for awhile (though I hope that doesn't happen to Ava), but still, knowing that she CAN eat anything if she so chooses is definitely nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that before. In the picky food cases I have heard about it appears to be a power struggle. I am sure it is my future! We will just have to take one step at a time. :)

      Delete