Monday, May 12, 2014

Saddened

Today, we met with our regular obgyn.  We did another ultrasound to confirm if we were have twins.  

Baby A is measuring 10 weeks 6 days and the heartbeat was 173. 

Baby B is no longer with us.  Baby B had no heart and is smaller than before as my body has started to absorb the baby.  

I am....upset, saddened, emotionally drained.  I am spending the day home by myself.  Ben went back to work and Ava is stull at daycare.  I needed this afternoon to grieve.  

I usually try to find the silver linings when bad stuff happens; I have thought of a couple but they just do not seem to matter.  

I should mention we are extremely excited and grateful that baby A is doing so weel and growing strong! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry. This breaks my heart. I am happy that baby is doing well but totally understand having to grieve for your other little one. I'll be thinking about you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no... I'm so sorry to hear this. Ugh. Sometimes there is no silver lining. Sometimes shitty things happen for no good reason. And I'm very sorry about that. I hope you take even more time to grieve. Hugs to you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this. I know this has to be hard on you, even though the other baby is thriving, this can not be easy. I'm sorry, and wish you peace in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kell, this has got to be so difficult to process. Hang in there, lady...

    ReplyDelete