Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Extremely Early B-day Present

My husband is an avid hunter/fisher.  In fact, sometimes I wonder if the only reason we purchased our house is because it has a pond on it.  I clearly remember when we first went and looked at the house as soon as Hubby saw the pond it didn't matter what shape the house was in.  Luckily for me, the house was in good shape.  I think I earned major brownie points with my mother in law (MIL) with our house and the pond.  Per MIL, Hubby always asked Santa for a pond when he was a little boy.  I love that we are blessed to have a pond for him now.

I like trying new things and enjoying Hubby's activities with him.  I have been know to go hunting with him from time to time.  I have dragged and skinned deer with him.  It is some of my favorite moments.  We occassionally have shooting get-togathers with friends.

How does this related to my birthday present?  Well... Hubby bought me a crossbow.  A what?  Yes, a cross bow. 


(Please don't look at how cluttered my table is!  But do notice the centerpiece that I made from a Pinterest!)

Now, the next step is practice shooting my crossbow.  I really do enjoy it!  I am not sure if I can shoot Bambi's Momma... but Hubby thinks I can.  I guess we will have to wait and see!  Crossbow season starts next month!

Oh, also my brother-in-law got a crossbow this year.... it is a race to see who successful uses it first!  He is going to be so upset!!! haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment