· Yes, I lost the war against morning sickness. My mind was not strong enough to fit it this morning. However, for the first time ever I was able to vomit and rally back. I am feeling ok today. But I do have my saltine crackers and ginger ale with me this morning!
· This week has been rougher than last week. I have been ridiculously tired. I had a fairly busy weekend… staying up late both Saturday and Sunday. When I say late, I mean 11:00 PM! I have been going to bed 9:00-9:30PM the last few weeks. I have tried naps but they haven’t seemed to help.
· We had our first appointment with our normal doctor on Monday. I was disappointed that we did not have an ultrasound but we did get to hear the baby’s heartbeat. It always scares me when they first put the Doppler on and I do not instantly hear the heartbeat. It always seems like it takes forever before they find the little guy/gal! Then I have a huge since of relief.
· I do not seem to know where I belong. We have struggled with infertility for 3 years and now after our first IVF we are finally pregnant. But I do not feel like I belong in the new pregnant bellies group nor do I feel like I am in the infertility group. I know infertility will always be apart of me but I feel uncomfortable posting about our growing belly or other pregnancy issues when most of my online friends are still in the trenches battling infertility. I do not want my blog to upset anyone.
· Overwhelmed – This week I am also feeling very overwhelmed by this whole pregnancy thing. I have doubts that maybe we struggled with infertility because I truly wasn’t ready for a baby. What happens if I am still not ready this journey? It was adjustment for me to realize that I was now someone’s wife and what that meant. What about now? I am going to be someone’s mom.