Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another nephew

Today, I am an Aunt yet again.  We are not up to 4 nephews and 3 nieces. 
Ben’s brother’s wife had their son today.  I should be overjoyed!  However, it just reminded me of hitting rock bottom.  See I found out about this pregnancy through Facebook.   (See this blog for further details.)  This pregnancy shook me to the core.  Luckily, we do not live near them so I wasn’t force to put on a happy face.  However, I still, even though we are finally pregnant with our own, have resentment towards his wife for her Facebook announcement. 
I hope that I will not treat this nephew differently than the rest.  I hope that I will love him as much as the others.  I hope I will be able to get over this hurt, resentment, etc.
It has not helped that I have been bomb-barded with baby pictures all day today.   Can’t wait to go home and go to bed and start tomorrow with a fresh attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment